Lincoln Aviator Kitty Hawk Edition Celebrates 100 Years of Flight * Lincoln honors the centennial of the Wright brothers' historic first flight with a limited edition of its new Aviator sport utility.
2003_lincoln_aviator_kitty_hawk_100006402_l.jpg 92.38KB 1 downloads
click photo to enlarge
* The Aviator Kitty Hawk Edition surrounds the customer in comfort and luxury with a special interpretation of Aviator's world-class interior design.
March 18, 2003 - LINCOLN AVIATOR FORUM - The Wright brothers' first flight was anything but first class, but Lincoln is upgrading its customers and honoring that historic flight by offering a limited edition of its all-new SUV. The luxurious Lincoln Aviator Kitty Hawk Edition was unveiled today along with the world's most accurate re-creation of the original Wright Flyer at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport.
Lincoln adds more appeal to its popular all-new Aviator with the Kitty Hawk Edition. It will be available in limited volume and serve as the official vehicle of the Experimental Aircraft Association's Countdown to Kitty Hawk presented by Ford Motor Company.
Countdown to Kitty Hawk is a yearlong celebration honoring the Wright brothers' first powered flight 100 years ago. Ford Motor Company also celebrates its 100th anniversary this year. "EAA's Countdown to Kitty Hawk pays tribute to the Wright brothers for their vision and inventiveness," said Darryl Hazel, president of Lincoln- Mercury and vice president of Ford Motor Company. "We're proud of Henry Ford's contributions to the history of aviation and transportation. Their scientific optimism, spirit and determination forever changed the world."
The Lincoln Aviator Kitty Hawk Edition is a unique version of the distinctively designed SUV. Unique Aviator Kitty Hawk Edition highlights include:
* monochromatic black exterior
* rear spoiler * argent grille with chrome surround
* chrome-tipped exhaust
* Kitty Hawk badging
* floor mats embroidered with Kitty Hawk logo
* premium leather black seats with black stitching
* mink zebrano wood trim on the interior
The Kitty Hawk Edition offers class-leading Aviator features including: an all-aluminum 302-horsepower V8 engine, a third-row seat that folds flat into the floor and the most first row head- and leg-room in the segment. Aviator has more towing capacity -- 7,300 pounds -- than any other vehicle in its class.
Above all, Aviator is renown for its world-class interior design. Aviator Kitty Hawk Edition will be offered in two- and all-wheel drive configurations and touts an impressive list of standard equipment, including:
* 17-inch chrome wheels
* heated and cooled driver/front passenger seats
* audiophile sound system with AM/FM stereo/six-disc in-dash CD changer
* power adjustable foot pedals and power exterior mirrors with memory feature
* power driver's seat
* four-corner independent sport-tuned suspension
* safety canopy system
* rear park assist * tire pressure monitoring system
* third-row fold-flat bench seat
* HID headlamps
Optional equipment on the Aviator Kitty Hawk Edition includes a rear seat DVD entertainment system, power moonroof, touch screen and voice activated DVD-based navigation system and AdvanceTrac traction and stability enhancement system on all-wheel-drive models. All Lincoln customers receive the Lincoln Commitment, a comprehensive customer care and warranty package, which includes:
* Four-year/50,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty
* Three-year/36,000 mile complimentary maintenance (including wear and tear items)
* Transportation and 24-hour roadside assistance
* Emergency travel expense reimbursement
* Destination assistance and trip planning services
* A customer assistance center dedicated to Lincoln owners Starting at $45,210 for the two-wheel-drive model and $48,160 for the all- wheel-drive version, the Aviator Kitty Hawk Edition will be available in Lincoln dealer showrooms in the United States and Canada later this month. More product information is available on Lincoln's Web site at www.lincoln.com/aviator .
About EAA's Countdown to Kitty Hawk presented by Ford Motor Company Countdown to Kitty Hawk is a centennial celebration of the Wright brothers' first powered flight -- an innovation that forever changed the world. Led by EAA, presented by Ford Motor Company and supported by Microsoft Flight Simulator and Eclipse Aviation, this yearlong series of inspirational events honors the innovation and determination it takes to make world-changing dreams a reality. Countdown to Kitty Hawk features an interactive touring pavilion and the world's most-accurate 1903 Wright Flyer reproduction that will exclusively re-enact the Wright brothers' first flight at Kitty Hawk, N.C., on Dec. 17, 2003 -- exactly 100 years later.
Edited by Robert, 24 December 2015 - 12:49 AM.