2019 Lincoln Aviator Introduced Here !

Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln Aviator Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln Aviator Forum

Like most online communities, you must first please register to create topics, reply to posts or create a photo gallery.

The process is free, quick and simple.

Once you sign up, you'll be able to
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2005 Lincoln Aviator Mods

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Boater

Boater

• Aviator Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationSt. Johns
  • My Aviator:2005

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:30 AM

I would like to add simple modifications to my Aviator that 1. I can do myself 2. Or it won't cost a fortune to have someone else do and 3. Isn't too costly.  I don't want to rebuild my engine or add a turbo or anything that drastic.

I have the 4.6L engine.

And ideas?

#2 OFFLINE   Robert

Robert

Aviator Member

• PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationDearborn, Michigan
  • My Aviator:None

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:47 AM

I would like to add simple modifications to my Aviator that 1. I can do myself 2. Or it won't cost a fortune to have someone else do and 3. Isn't too costly.  I don't want to rebuild my engine or add a turbo or anything that drastic.

I have the 4.6L engine.

And ideas?

A tune is the most common way to unleash some power.  Exhaust is also a good way as well. 

#3 OFFLINE   blackmax

blackmax

• Aviator Member
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationColumbus

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:15 PM

Since they made what, tens of thousands of Explorers parts and tunes should be easy and cheap to come by.  Bang for the buck, tune is the way to unleash some more power.

#4 OFFLINE   Aviator Guide

Aviator Guide

Administrator

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • My Aviator:Decline

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:05 PM

Since they made what, tens of thousands of Explorers parts and tunes should be easy and cheap to come by.  Bang for the buck, tune is the way to unleash some more power.

Be careful as the Ford Explorer uses the 4.6L 2V engine while the Lincoln Aviator uses the 4.6L 4V (quad cam) engine from the Cobra and Marauder.  The tunes for absolute certain will be different.

#5 OFFLINE   Robert

Robert

Aviator Member

• PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • My Aviator:None

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:15 AM

Be careful as the Ford Explorer uses the 4.6L 2V engine while the Lincoln Aviator uses the 4.6L 4V (quad cam) engine from the Cobra and Marauder.  The tunes for absolute certain will be different.

I am not certain about the exhaust flange be different on the 4.6L 2V versus the 4.6L 4V as found in the Lincon Aviator. The tune is totally different between the two models, so be careful about that. 

#6 OFFLINE   DJ1003

DJ1003

• Aviator Member
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationVegas
  • My Aviator:2003

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:13 AM

I am not certain about the exhaust flange be different on the 4.6L 2V versus the 4.6L 4V as found in the Lincon Aviator. The tune is totally different between the two models, so be careful about that. 

The exhaust manifolds on the Ford Explorer's 4.6L engine and the Aviator's 4.6L engines are totally different and do interchange due to way the manifold bolts up to the engine's cylinder head.  So, if you're going to look for exhaust note that a lot of other parts are different too.  In fact, almost the entire exhaust system between the Aviator and Explorer are different, right down to the mufflers.

#7 OFFLINE   blackmax

blackmax

• Aviator Member
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationColumbus

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:56 PM

The exhaust manifolds on the Ford Explorer's 4.6L engine and the Aviator's 4.6L engines are totally different and do interchange due to way the manifold bolts up to the engine's cylinder head.  So, if you're going to look for exhaust note that a lot of other parts are different too.  In fact, almost the entire exhaust system between the Aviator and Explorer are different, right down to the mufflers.

My bad!  I totally forgot about the engines being different from the Explorer to the Aviator!  :ohsnap:

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·