2020 Lincoln Aviator Introduced Here !

Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln Aviator Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln Aviator Forum

Like most online communities, you must first please register to create topics, reply to posts or create a photo gallery.

The process is free, quick and simple.

Once you sign up, you'll be able to
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2019 Lincoln Aviator: Love it or Hate it?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   mrbofus

mrbofus

• Aviator Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationNV
  • My Aviator:Decline

Posted 03 April 2019 - 01:59 PM

Is there any way to change the thread title to "2020" instead of "2019"?

#22 OFFLINE   mrbofus

mrbofus

• Aviator Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNV

Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:00 PM

Well, it looks like we should get at least 25 miles in pure electric mode, hopefully, since the new Explorer PHEV (Europe only) will get 25 miles of electric range and the new Escape PHEV will get 30 miles in pure electric mode.

https://www.autoblog...-explorer-phev/

True, that's the other factor.  I wonder how much performance will be limited in pure electric mode.  Only a few more months to go!  Well, maybe several months...

Edited by mrbofus, 03 April 2019 - 02:06 PM.

#23 OFFLINE   msm859

msm859

• Aviator Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 03 April 2019 - 03:18 PM

Well, it looks like we should get at least 25 miles in pure electric mode, hopefully, since the new Explorer PHEV (Europe only) will get 25 miles of electric range and the new Escape PHEV will get 30 miles in pure electric mode.

https://www.autoblog...-explorer-phev/

If those are the specs for the Aviator they are pretty pathetic.  Anything less then 30 miles with a battery smaller then @ 17kWh (@need for the range and to get 100% of the federal tax credit) then the person in charge should get fired.  Also, 100 hp for the electric motor means they are not serious about driving in "electric mode" only.  Maybe Ford needs to hire the engineer from Chrysler who did the Pacifica PHEV minivan.

#24 OFFLINE   mrbofus

mrbofus

• Aviator Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNV

Posted 03 April 2019 - 03:42 PM

25-30 miles of range actually seems pretty good to me, considering the size/weight of the Aviator.  If you look at a list of PHEVs available in the US, the median for pure electric range is 21 miles, with the average being 21.6 miles.  This means 25-30 miles of pure electric power would put the Aviator near the top of the pack.

If those are the specs for the Aviator they are pretty pathetic.  Anything less then 30 miles with a battery smaller then @ 17kWh (@need for the range and to get 100% of the federal tax credit) then the person in charge should get fired.  Also, 100 hp for the electric motor means they are not serious about driving in "electric mode" only.  Maybe Ford needs to hire the engineer from Chrysler who did the Pacifica PHEV minivan.

Edited by mrbofus, 03 April 2019 - 03:42 PM.

#25 OFFLINE   msm859

msm859

• Aviator Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 04 April 2019 - 05:06 PM

25-30 miles of range actually seems pretty good to me, considering the size/weight of the Aviator.  If you look at a list of PHEVs available in the US, the median for pure electric range is 21 miles, with the average being 21.6 miles.  This means 25-30 miles of pure electric power would put the Aviator near the top of the pack.

The newly announced Escape PHEV has a larger battery - 14.4 kWh.  That makes ZERO sense.  The additional costs to Ford to go from 13.1 kWh to 17.1 kWh would be @$800.  The buyers tax credit would go up by @$1700 - it would be cheaper for the consumer to buy!  That makes ZERO sense.  If it only has a 100 hp electric motor it will drive like a 1960 VW van.

#26 OFFLINE   mrbofus

mrbofus

• Aviator Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNV

Posted 04 April 2019 - 05:57 PM

I'm confused; where are you getting the 2020 Lincoln Aviator PHEV battery size from?  I am not able to find anything that says the Lincoln Aviator comes with a 13.1kWh battery, like you say.  Also, where are you getting that $800 number from?

And where are you getting the 100hp electric motor number from?

The newly announced Escape PHEV has a larger battery - 14.4 kWh.  That makes ZERO sense.  The additional costs to Ford to go from 13.1 kWh to 17.1 kWh would be @$800.  The buyers tax credit would go up by @$1700 - it would be cheaper for the consumer to buy!  That makes ZERO sense.  If it only has a 100 hp electric motor it will drive like a 1960 VW van.

#27 OFFLINE   msm859

msm859

• Aviator Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 04 April 2019 - 11:00 PM

I'm confused; where are you getting the 2020 Lincoln Aviator PHEV battery size from?  I am not able to find anything that says the Lincoln Aviator comes with a 13.1kWh battery, like you say.  Also, where are you getting that $800 number from?

And where are you getting the 100hp electric motor number from?

Ford announced a PHEV Explorer for Europe with 450 hp and 620 torque. https://www.motor1.c...-phev-unveiled/

It has a 13.1 kWh battery with a 100 hp electric motor.  Sounds very similar to the Aviator.  The $200 per kWh figure is the price I have seen for the current cost of a battery package for EV's some say Tesla is down to $150/.

#28 OFFLINE   mike-colias

mike-colias

• Aviator Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:24 PM

I’m an autos reporter w/ the Wall Street Journal, hoping to speak w/ someone who’s planning to buy an Aviator. Preferably someone who will be new to the Lincoln brand. Please reach out here: mike dot colias @ wsj dot com

Thanks

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·