2019 Lincoln Aviator Introduced Here !

Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln Aviator Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln Aviator Forum

Like most online communities, you must first please register to create topics, reply to posts or create a photo gallery.

The process is free, quick and simple.

Once you sign up, you'll be able to
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2019 Lincoln Aviator: Love it or Hate it?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Aviator Guide

Aviator Guide

Administrator

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationDearborn, Michigan
  • My Aviator:Decline

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:04 PM

Now that the next-generation Lincoln Aviator has been introduced - the preview will be the real thing - what are your thoughts about the new model?  Will you be considering a 2019 Lincoln Aviator?  Why or why not?

Share your thoughts be replying to this topic.

#2 OFFLINE   JulKamp

JulKamp

• Aviator Member
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationClearwater
  • My Aviator:2005

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:51 AM

How about LOVE.  I love it.  I can't wait to see it in person and in ruby red!

#3 OFFLINE   msm859

msm859

• Aviator Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationCA

Posted 16 August 2018 - 02:21 PM

Now that the next-generation Lincoln Aviator has been introduced - the preview will be the real thing - what are your thoughts about the new model?  Will you be considering a 2019 Lincoln Aviator?  Why or why not?

Share your thoughts be replying to this topic.

It depends.  If Ford can check the right boxes on the hybrid. All electric range of 30 + miles, 75 mph all electric and 0-60 8 seconds or less.  I suspect to do that they will need electric motors of 200 + hp with a 16 kW+ battery.  Substantially less then this and they are not being serious.

#4 OFFLINE   AviFanFL

AviFanFL

• Aviator Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 17 August 2018 - 04:34 PM

It depends.  If Ford can check the right boxes on the hybrid. All electric range of 30 + miles, 75 mph all electric and 0-60 8 seconds or less.  I suspect to do that they will need electric motors of 200 + hp with a 16 kW+ battery.  Substantially less then this and they are not being serious.

I expect the Aviator plug-in Hybrid to have about 450 HP so 0-60 below 8 seconds is easy. Lincoln already stated a performance “mightier than many supercars on the road today”.

I doubt the electric motor will be 200 HP+ but in the end, that is not necessary in the first place. If they start with the 2.7, 3.0 or 3.5 V6, they already have quite some power to begin with.

The 30+ mile electric range is also possible. I recall an interview with a comment by Lincoln that indicates a positive surprise in regards to range. It was basically said that electric ranges like 10 or 15 miles wouldn't 'fly' anymore.

Edited by AviFanFL, 17 August 2018 - 08:06 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   msm859

msm859

• Aviator Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationCA

Posted 08 October 2018 - 07:32 PM

I expect the Aviator plug-in Hybrid to have about 450 HP so 0-60 below 8 seconds is easy. Lincoln already stated a performance “mightier than many supercars on the road today”.

I doubt the electric motor will be 200 HP+ but in the end, that is not necessary in the first place. If they start with the 2.7, 3.0 or 3.5 V6, they already have quite some power to begin with.

The 30+ mile electric range is also possible. I recall an interview with a comment by Lincoln that indicates a positive surprise in regards to range. It was basically said that electric ranges like 10 or 15 miles wouldn't 'fly' anymore.

I was talking about 0-60 below 8 seconds - in all electric range - thus the need for @200 hp in the electric motors.  A serious plug in hybrid has to be able to be driven seriously in electric only mode.  With a 3.0 eb and 200 electric hp in "performance" mode the car should be able to do a -60 in @ 5 seconds.  If it could do the minimum I indicated with electric only AND also have the "performance" ability - that would be a headliner and a home run.

#6 OFFLINE   AviFanFL

AviFanFL

• Aviator Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted Yesterday, 05:00 PM

I was talking about 0-60 below 8 seconds - in all electric range - thus the need for @200 hp in the electric motors.  A serious plug in hybrid has to be able to be driven seriously in electric only mode.  With a 3.0 eb and 200 electric hp in "performance" mode the car should be able to do a -60 in @ 5 seconds.  If it could do the minimum I indicated with electric only AND also have the "performance" ability - that would be a headliner and a home run.

That's more difficult to predict. I'm not aware of too many plug in hybrids that focus on performance in electric mode only. Would be nice if the Aviator would be one. I'm not even sure if there are many plug-in hybrids where you can select an 'electric only'-mode in the first place. If you put the pedal to the metal, the gas engine usually engages to deliver the best performance. That's the idea behind any hybrid vehicle.

I'd love to see a total output of 500HP+ but I'm predicting slightly less.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·