Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln Aviator Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln Aviator Forum

Like most online communities, you must first please register to create topics, reply to posts or create a photo gallery.

The process is free, quick and simple.

Once you sign up, you'll be able to
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Upgraded my base radio to Pioneer AVH-4200NEX with rear camera

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jeffdeq

jeffdeq

• Aviator Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSoutheast Louisiana
  • My Aviator:2005

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:02 PM

If anyone out there wants to install a radio that does it all, this is the one. My ‘05 Aviator had the non amplified base radio single cd/cassette. It had the four factory speaker, one in each door. No rear entertainment, navigation or speaker amplifier. I bought the Pioneer AVH-4201NEX kit that included the rear camera, 2 USB and 1 SD card inputs. It is also a DVD player for movies. The radio utilizes Appleplay that will bring in the navigation app. I don’t use satellite radio but a Pioneer module can be added for that. You only need to get an install kit to mount the radio in place of the factory radio. The installation kit includes a plug for the factory harness radio plug. Butt splicing this adapter plug to the Pioneer radio plug is quick and simple. The Pioneer radio output plays extremely well on the factory speakers. When the weather warms up I will install a rear subwoofer with a small amp.

I am very pleased with the performance and looks of this new radio. In some ways it rivals the Ford Sync 3. I was even able to install a custom splash screen on this radio.

Attached Files

Jeffrey Meyers
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

2005 Lincoln Aviator
2015 Ford F-350 Lariat Super Duty DRW
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium Convertible

#2 OFFLINE   Robert

Robert

Aviator Member

• PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationDearborn, Michigan
  • My Aviator:None

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:35 PM

That looks amazing.  What brand of installation kit did you use?

#3 OFFLINE   Miggy

Miggy

• Aviator Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • LocationNebraska
  • My Aviator:2003

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:41 PM

If anyone out there wants to install a radio that does it all, this is the one. My ‘05 Aviator had the non amplified base radio single cd/cassette. It had the four factory speaker, one in each door. No rear entertainment, navigation or speaker amplifier. I bought the Pioneer AVH-4201NEX kit that included the rear camera, 2 USB and 1 SD card inputs. It is also a DVD player for movies. The radio utilizes Appleplay that will bring in the navigation app. I don’t use satellite radio but a Pioneer module can be added for that. You only need to get an install kit to mount the radio in place of the factory radio. The installation kit includes a plug for the factory harness radio plug. Butt splicing this adapter plug to the Pioneer radio plug is quick and simple. The Pioneer radio output plays extremely well on the factory speakers. When the weather warms up I will install a rear subwoofer with a small amp.

I am very pleased with the performance and looks of this new radio. In some ways it rivals the Ford Sync 3. I was even able to install a custom splash screen on this radio.

Looks great.  This is be a good addition to my wife's Aviator rather than using an iPhone!

#4 OFFLINE   jeffdeq

jeffdeq

• Aviator Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSoutheast Louisiana
  • My Aviator:2005

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:52 PM

I used this installation kit that I purchased on eBay: https://www.ebay.com...S-/390908213952

I posted a video at this Facebook thread, you will probably have to join this Facebook group in order to watch this video. Free hosting of internet videos is becoming more difficult.
https://www.facebook...78265109147564/

Edited by jeffdeq, 07 February 2018 - 04:03 PM.

Jeffrey Meyers
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

2005 Lincoln Aviator
2015 Ford F-350 Lariat Super Duty DRW
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium Convertible

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·